Product Disclosure Sheet
(Read this Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to sign up for a Setel e-Wallet account. Be sure to also read the general terms and conditions.)
1. What is this product about?
Setel Ventures Sdn. Bhd. (“SVSB”) is offering prepayment services via our electronic money application or electronic wallet namely, SETEL eWallet. Customers can use SETEL eWallet to pay for their fuel purchases at PETRONAS stations, payment for items sold in Kedai Mesra and other retail purchases from participating physical and online merchants.
Customers can download the SETEL eWallet application from Apple Store or Play Store and register their particulars to enjoy the facilities offered including no queue at PETRONAS stations to refuel their vehicle as well as purchase items from Kedai Mesra conveniently from their car seat.
Customers can reload their SETEL eWallet via;
- Credit card: Top-up using Visa or Mastercard;
- Debit card: Top-up using debit card issued by domestic banking institution;
- FPX: Top-up using internet banking channel;
- Boost Wallet; online topup using Boost Wallet;
- Setel vouchers; or
- Mesra Redemption Points;
Reload of the SETEL eWallet using credit card or debit card can be set for auto reload. The cap on such reload is based on the threshold set or one off reload transaction limit.
Customers can also link their credit and debit card to their SETEL eWallet for direct deduction and charging to their cards where they can skip the need for reload transaction. Most importantly, customers can better manage their spending by referring to the payment history in the SETEL eWallet application.
The maximum limit for reload of the Setel eWallet is:
- RM500 (upon registration of an account); and
- RM5,000 (upon successful completion of e-KYC process)
2. What are the fees and charges I have to pay?
- The Setel Mobile eWallet Application is downloadable for free from the Apple Store or Play Store.
- No Reload Fee, Refund Fee or other fees will be charged to customers.
3. What are the key terms of this product?
- Customers can use the SETEL eWallet to pay for their fuel purchases at PETRONAS stations, payment for items sold in Kedai Mesra and other retail purchases from participating physical and online merchants.
- You must be eighteen (18) years old or above. If you are below the age of eighteen (18) years, you shall obtain your parent or legal guardian’s consent. Your parent or legal guardian shall be responsible foryour use of the Setel eWallet application and /or the services provided by SVSB.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your log-in details, passcode, passwords and other information in relation to your Setel Account. You shall not share any details with other parties.
- You are responsible for all your transactions and to check your transaction history regularly to ensure that your account balance is correct.
- Your Setel Account is personal to You and You are responsible to secure your account. Any instructions, confirmation and/or communication sent from your account or device shall be deemed to have been issued by You irrespective of whether the instructions, confirmation and/or communication were actually sent by You.
- You shall at all times ensure that You have sufficient funds to carry out any intended transaction through your Setel Account.
- In the event of any fraud, misuse of account or abuse of account is discovered, any remaining credit balance in your Setel Account will be automatically forfeited upon deactivation of your Setel Account and such credit balance shall not be refunded to You.
- If any information provided by You is untrue, inaccurate, outdated or incomplete, SVSB have the right to immediately terminate your Setel Account and refuse all current or future use of the SETEL eWallet.
For more information on the terms and conditions, please refer to https://www.setel.my/terms
4. What are the major risks?
1. In the event that your mobile device is stolen, you are required to contact us at email@example.com to enable us to temporarily suspend your account from fraudulent usage.
2. SVSB shall not be liable for any unauthorized usage prior to the date and time of receiving your report.
3. You shall not expose or share your password or OTP to a third party to avoid any fraudulent risk.
5. What do I need to do if there are changes to my contact details?
You are strongly recommended to update your latest information and contact in the SETEL eWallet application or submit your details to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is to ensure timely and accurate correspondences and communication.
6. Where can I get further information?
If you have any enquiries, please contact us at:
More information is available on our website at www.setel.my or contact us at email@example.com or WhatApp Chat from Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 11.00pm.
Setel Ventures Sdn Bhd,
Level 17, M-05, Nucleus Tower,
47800 Petaling Jaya,
Tel: Message +60 18-988 1333 on WhatsApp
7. Other e-money products available.
No other e-money products offered by SVSB
NOTE: The information provided in this Product Disclosure Sheet is issued as at 28 May 2021 and will be valid until the next periodical review.